Upwork Global Inc., a website for freelancers has confirmed the fastest growing tech skills in Q2. “As technological change and the knowledge economy continue advancing, so will work requiring more skills,” said CEO, Stephane Kasriel. Companies are looking for individuals who are masters at these trades in order to help them keep a competitive edge against other employers. Here are the top 5 fastest growing skills for the second quarter of 2018.
- Blockchain: Continuously shows great potential for businesses looking to adopt and expand to the new trend. Upwork saw a 6,000% job growth in the first quarter of 2018. These individuals should be familiar with programming, scalability, efficiency, and distributed computing. Having blockchain or developing experience will place you on the top of the list when employers are searching for specialists.
- Google Cloud Platform: Businesses are realizing that cloud services offer greater potential than just storing data. The need for individuals to manage cloud assignments has elevated. IT professionals need to know when and how to use cloud tools in order to perform a variety of tasks ranging from data analytics to scalability.
- Volusion: Volusion is one of the larger e-commerce online store builders that allow you to start selling your products without being too techie. Many businesses are using this tool to build and brand their websites. Volusion Specialists are in demand to work on these online stores for companies. Experience in HTML, programming, design and illustration, marketing, and researching skills are all required to be a booked for a job by a start-up or growing company.
- Risk management: Risk and Compliance Management is an evolving industry as regulations are always changing. Knowledge in the different fields of risk management will give you an advantage when ensuring regulations are met. Risk managers are constantly learning and adapting. Strategic, compliance, operational, financial and reputational Risk managers must have the ability to understand broad business issues, know the industry and markets they are operating in, and be equipped to identify risks.
- Product Photography: Capturing the true essence and image of a product is important to companies trying to advertise and sell their goods. Experience in shooting different high-quality product images, Photoshop and Lightroom and editing skills are all required when it comes to hiring photographers. With these skills and experiences under your belt, you can stand out in the increased competition.